If you created an invoice in QuickBooks and the Crezco payment link did not generate, follow these steps to resolve.
Why did a link not generate?
When generating/submitting invoices in the QuickBooks system, the QuickBooks system has to “call” on the Crezco system in order to generate a Crezco payment link to show up on the invoice.
When a customer submits an invoice too quickly on the final page in QuickBooks, it does not give the QuickBooks system enough time to “call” on the Crezco system to generate a payment link. We recommend that customers wait around 5 - 10 seconds on the final page before they submit the invoice. This gives the QuickBooks and Crezco system enough time to communicate.
If a client submitted the invoice and needs the payment link on the invoice, here are the following steps they can take to fix it:
- Go to the 'Invoices' sections on the left-hand side of your QuickBooks account, within the 'Sales' dropdown.
- Click on the invoice that you created, then click 'Edit invoice' on the bottom right.
- After you have selected edit, the invoice will take a second to update.
- The Crezco payment link will generate in the Message on invoice box.
- Click 'Save and resend'.
- Email will be resent, and it will include the payment link.
This issue does not occur with Xero and Quickfiles.